Tuesday, November 11, 2014

Music classes you can take

Delta College alone offers a ton of different music classes. You can learn the history of music, learn how to read music, learn how to play guitar, and more. I saw 25 different classes available at delta in music. There are many opportunities to learn whatever you want at Delta.
 Delta offers Elements of music 1-2. This class is the basic fundamentals of music. It will teach you about time signatures, key signatures, rhythms, notes, and basically anything about reading music. The second half of the class is devoted to an introduction into composing music. This is the class I am taking and I would recommend it if you need a humanities credit.
 Another similar class is Music Appreciation. You listen to instrumental music and teaches you about them. It will also go over the different genres of today.
 Delta offers a variety of music history classes. I would not like this class much because I don't like history or memorizing dates very much. Jazz history and the history of Rock and Roll are an option if you like history and music.
 You can learn the piano and guitar through some different classes. There is piano 1-2 that will teach you how to play the piano. Guitar classes are fundamental of guitar, contempt guitar style, classical guitar, and guitar ensemble.
 There is a lot of music classes for vocals as well. You can take a music voice class or you can be involved in a group performance class. Other options are chorale 1-4, chamber choir 1-4, and jazz singers 1-4.
  My music professor has told our class that Delta is bringing in another class that he will be teaching. Music theory will be offered at Delta soon. Music theory is the study of the structure of music.
 Clearly there are tons of choices you can take at Delta if you want to dive into music. I really like the classes that are offered here and they are helpful for the future. I like my professor and he says that the other music professors are really good also. I would be very interested in taking the piano class to learn how to play the piano really well. If I had the time and money, I would take a lot of other music classes offered at Delta.

1 comment: