Tuesday, October 14, 2014

My Favorite Songs

My favorite song right now would have to be one from Lecrae. Lecrae is a Christian rapper. You may be confused because you usually don’t associate rap with Christian music. I thought the same thing when I first heard it. The first song I heard from Lecrae was Don’t Waste Your Life. I was very hesitant towards it and I didn’t know if I truly liked the song or not after the first time I listened to it. It was so new to me that I didn’t know what to expect. I listened to that same song over and over again to get a feel for it. I looked up the lyrics to it and I made the decision that I really liked it. Don’t Waste Your Life is a fast song with a good beat. Most importantly to me I really like the lyrics that Lecrae puts in the song. I didn’t know what to expect at first, but once I gave the song a try it became one of my favorites.
    One of the newer songs from Lecrae is Tell The World. Thankfully, this is a slower song so I have a chance to rap the words once I learned them. I can’t decide which one of these songs I like more right now. My first favorite from Lecrae was Don’t Waste Your Life, but now Tell the World is competition to that. If I decided not to give Lecrae a chance then I wouldn’t have known about these two amazing songs, along with many other great songs from Lecrae. Once I stepped in and gave it a try I really liked it and I was glad I did.

     My favorite song that I played in band was Transcendent Journey by Rossano Galante. Transcendent Journey was a very happy and victorious song. I played the snare drum in this song. The entire band enjoyed playing this piece because it gave us a challenge, but it was fun to play. We played this my junior and senior year in band. My band director told us that it would be a difficult piece of music and that some college bands struggle with this piece. We were up for the challenge. We practiced and perfected the music and performed it for a huge festival at Western Michigan University my junior year. We got feedback from the performance and saw what more we could work on. My next year we played this piece at our festival, where our band would be graded based on how well we played. The results came back as all 1’s. This is the best grade a band can receive. We were so happy and proud of what we accomplished with this song alone. 

No comments:

Post a Comment