Tuesday, October 28, 2014

My favorite music genre

    I do not listen to the most popular kind of music. No rap, or rock or anything you would probably guess. My favorite genre of music is contemporary Christian music. I grew up listening to it in the car all the time. My mom would listen to nothing but that. I actually encouraged it in the car. My older sister was never a big fan of listening to Christian music, especially when she got older. I loved it because I was born and raised listening to Christian music.
   Christian music first became popular around the 1950’s or 60’s. There was only country Christian music and gospel around this time. Christian music all together died down and didn't get too popular again until 1975 or so. As the Christian music started the increase, more genres of the music became popular. Christian music gradually got much more popular until it hit its highest popularity in 2010. Since its highest point, it has gone down from today. The graph below mainly focuses on Christian/Gospel music instead of every genre for Christian music
   There is a large variety of Christian music to satisfy different taste. Christian music is similar to all the regular genres. There is gospel, rap, alternative, metal, pop. The most I listen to is alternative. Radio stations that provide alternative Christian rock are AirOne (90.9 FM), KLove (89.1) and smile FM (88.3). Alternative Christian music is very encouraging music with a good message.
   Some of my top bands I like are: Third Day, Tenth Avenue North, MercyMe, Newsboys, Lecrae, and Jeremey Camp.  It is so cool to see these bands in concert because they connect with the crowd really well. Some of my tops songs are: Start a Fire, Tell the World, From the Day, and Just Say Jesus.

   It is very encouraging hearing some of the things that are on the radio stations. KLove has an encouraging story of the day around the same time every day. I love being able to hear some of the things that happen in peoples life. It brightens up my mood for the day. Callers may call the air and tell them that they are free of cancer, or some people may call about being drug free for a certain time. It is nice to hear positives in the world with all the negatives we hear on the news all the time. I love Christian music for its songs and encouragement in them.

1 comment:

  1. I find it interesting that Christian music is your favorite type because I never would have guessed it. At the church I go to, they have a band and they perform some of the songs you were talking about during service.

    ReplyDelete